Wednesday, December 10, 2008

PIMP


gradients are happening. I'm seeing them all over and though they generally have a bad rep, when applied effectively no one can deny how slick they look. A prime example is in the Justice DVNO video by SoMe which is full of super gloss logos with a retro spacetastic disco flex. I can spend hours creating these effects just for the fun of it. I even have an airbrush which, I have discovered, you are required to sell a portion of your soul to get good with. Its really messy with seemingly invisible overspray tinting everything it touches (my mac speakers are now forever tinted pink) and although you get a lovely texture with it, photoshop is a lot more forgiving. I still find many uses for it, I recently customised a plain white pair of daps into a hot pink to fluro green affair! sex.

No comments: